The Siemens RDS120 Smart Thermostat is an HVAC thermostat for use in light commercial and managed residential applications including dormitories, multi-use space and residential systems. This 24 Vac IoT device provides control for conventional HVAC systems with up to three heating stages and two cooling stages or heat pumps with up to two compressors and two stages of auxiliary heat that are most commonly used.
Update: Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine has listed the Siemens RDS120 Smart Thermostat as a finalist for 2019 PRODUCT of the YEAR! Vote here.
The RDS 120 Smart Thermostat provides professional control and operation of heating and cooling applications for tenant comfort, ease of use and energy efficiency. It is always in touch with its surroundings thanks to six powerful and accurate sensors: temperature, humidity, light, proximity, presence and organic particle detection.
Facility personnel or occupants can easily monitor and adapt room conditions using the touchscreen or an app on their smart phone or other device. Key functionalities of the app include a scheduler, different operational modes, humidity control and indoor air quality monitoring.
- Air Quality Sensing – the IAQ display will show Good, Okay or Poor air quality to inform customers of the indoor air quality and ability to improve the air quality.
- Mobile device application – Thermostat interaction thru mobile device – allows ability to connect to and control your thermostat from anywhere via your Smartphone app.
- Intuitive display and user interface – Set point changes can be made by sliding or tapping on the set point line to the left or right to change temperature – easy to read and control from display or phone app.
- Wi-Fi – Wi-Fi connectivity to enable mobile access – access from mobile devices from any location.
- Software Updates – Firmware updates to the RDS120 smart thermostat and the mobile device application will occur automatically with no user interaction and will not affect current settings.
- Scheduling – you can set up daily schedules with 3 different operating modes (comfort, economy and unoccupied) – utilizing a programmed schedule can provide more efficient control based on occupancy to improve energy savings.
- Optimized Energy Efficiency – 6 internal sensors (temperature, humidity, light, proximity, occupancy and VOC) allows the device to provide energy-efficient operations to its controls and monitoring.
- Energy consumption monitoring – the mobile app displays running hours (past 7 days, last 4 weeks and last 12 months) for heating and cooling operation) – the ability to understand running hours encourages users to make more energy efficient decisions.
- Advanced Settings – Temperature setting limitations (for use in public spaces), Screen lock protection (limits unauthorized access), Temperature sensing options (optional inputs for remote temperature sensing or averaging of two sensors.
|Features||Siemens RDS120||Honewell Lyric T6||Ecobee3||Honeywell Wifi Thermostat 9000||Nest|
|Indoor air quality monitoring via built-in sensor||✔️||⎯||⎯||⎯||⎯|
|Humidity monitoring and control via built-in sensor||✔️||⎯||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Intuitive navigation of thermostat and app. Thermostat display reduced to the essentials. No manual required||✔️||Complex User Interface||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Presence detection||PIR sensor||Geo-Fencing||Room Sensors||⎯||PIR sensor|
|Notifications on mobile app||Coming Soon||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Home automation connectivity||Coming Soon||Apple home kit, Amazon Echo||Apple home kit, Amazon Echo, Smart Things, IFTTT, Wink||Total Connect Comfort app for Apple and Android device||“Works
with Nest” Apple home kit
|Short Commissioning Time With On Board Wizard||2 Minutes||App Only||App Only||App Only||4 Minutes|
|Connects to Router||Wireless or Direct||Wireless or Direct||Wireless or Direct||Wireless or Direct||Wireless or Direct|
|Wireless Connects to HVAC Equipment||Coming Soon||⎯||⎯||⎯||⎯|
|Green Leaf for|
reset to energy-optimized operation
|Energy consumption monitoring||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Leverage large Siemens CPS portfolio||✔️||✔️||⎯||✔️||⎯|
|Sale channels (Info)||B2B (RLS, INS, Electro)||B2B (RLS, INS, Electro)||B2C||B2B||B2C|
|Access to professional channel (Info)||✔️||✔️||⎯||✔️||⎯|
|Facility management HMI and BMS Connectivity||Coming Soon||⎯||⎯||⎯||⎯|